Delta is gearing up to launch its new staff uniforms this month, around three years after the partnership with New York-based designer Zac Posen was first announced.
The new designs will be officially unveiled on May 29, and ahead of this the carrier is gradually releasing 50 facts in 50 days about the uniforms and their design process.
Among those facts are:
- There will be seven colours incorporated into the new uniform collection
- A total of 60,000 uniformed employees will receive the new uniforms
- There have been 86 hours of focus group sessions with staff to gather feedback on the design process
- 1,000 “wear testers” have been putting the new uniforms through their paces over a period of three months to gather feedback on how they “held up in action”
- There are a total of 750 “fit experts” available to assist employees at fitting events across 16 cities