Norwegian has announced a third daily frequency for its Gatwick-New York service, to launch on October 29.
Flight DI7017 will depart Gatwick at 0950, landing into New York JFK at 1300, with the return leg DI7018 leaving the Big Apple at 1940 and arriving back into London at 0710 the following day.
It means that from the end of October the low-cost carrier will offer a total of 40 weekly flights (20 in either direction) between London Gatwick and New York JFK, as follows:
- DI7013 departs 0600, arriving 0920 (six times per week)
- DI7017 departs 0950, arriving 1300 (daily)
- DI7015 departs 1710, arriving 2030 (daily)
- DI7014 departs 1120, arriving 2250 (six times per week)
- DI7018 departs 1940, arriving 0710 the following day (daily)
- DI7016 departs 2230, arriving 1000 the following day (daily – Wednesday departure is 30 minutes later)
Norwegian says that the new frequency will add up to 392 Premium seats and 1,974 economy seats to the route per week.
Selected new deliveries of the carrier’s B787-9 Dreamliners now feature an expanded Premium cabin, with 21 additional seats. Business Traveller is flying with Norwegian between Gatwick and New York this week on one of these “Premium heavy” aircraft, and will post a review online in due course.
The additional Premium seating and extra frequencies on key routes is part of the airline’s plan to “provide a stronger proposition to business passengers”.