The high-profile chefs and mixologists who help design the food and beverage programmes for American Express’ Centurion Lounges will be making surprise appearances at lounges across the US during the first two weeks of December.
From December 3-17, culinary leaders will treat eligible American Express card members to tastings of special seasonal dishes, signed cookbooks, and give away recipe cards and packaged spice blends.
There will also be chocolate-making sessions with Vosges, hot chocolate and food from Sanctuary T by Marriott, L’Occitane and Allure product samples. Every card member also will receive travel essential kits from Away.
Chef participants include:
- Cédric Vongerichten, executive Chef of The Centurion Lounge at LaGuardia Airport and Perry St. in New York City
- Dean Fearing, executive chef of The Centurion Lounge at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport and Fearing’s Restaurant at the Ritz-Carlton, Dallas
- Daniel Patterson, executive chef of The Centurion Lounge at San Francisco International Airport and Alta Group, and Alfred’s Steakhouse and Plum Bar in Oakland
- Michelle Bernstein, executive chef of The Centurion Lounge at Miami International Airport and MBNC Michelle Bernstein Catering Company, Crumb on Parchment, and Seagrape at The Thompson Miami Beach
- Justin Yu, Executive Chef of The Centurion Lounge at Houston’s George Bush International Airport and Theodore Rex in Houston
- Michael Solomonov, Executive Chef of The Centurion Lounge at Philadelphia International Airport and co-owner of Philadelphia Israeli restaurant, Zahav
- Jim Meehan, mixologist of The Centurion Lounge at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, and owner of the James Beard award winning bar PDT in New York City.